Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It´s Official!

Hi Folks:
No we are not expecting (10 are plenty)! We just want to make certain that anyone that comes here to see the magnificent Falls but only has one day, goes to see them from the Argentine side. We spent today in Argentina seeing the Falls after seeing them from the Brazilian side yesterday (new stamp in the passport). Finally all Marco´s hard work with our Spanish lessons paid off and I was able to order a Cervesa Grande y dos copas! I was so proud when I actually got a big beer with 2 glasses. I think that muttering something about a `gringo`was complementing me on my pronounciation.
The Argentine side of the Falls is less crowded and the walkways take you out over the edge of a number of the drops as well as down below the lip and to the bottom. Definitely a full day and a battle with the crowds all day. Definitely a worthwhile visit and the pictures will be spectacular (Joy´s). Joy was able to do a few sketches although a crowd always gathered and I have a great picture of an older Japanese lady asking Joy to move her head a little so that she could get a better picture of Joy and the sketch. Joy carries her own little crowd around in that box of paints. It really is quite interesting to watch.
I finally found a scorecard on Falls of the World in the Parque and the volume of water over the Foz du Iguaçu is about 1/3 of what goes over Niagara however it falls over a much wider area. Neither is the highest in the World, but these are certainly every bit as spectacular as Niagara.
It was another hot (32C+) day during the `rainy season`here in South America. Clear blue skies for the second day after the grey days of Sao Paulo. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same as we head for the big dam and then to ????? I think that Joy and I better have a meeting about that tonight.
Oh yes, in case I forget the important stuff, we did get our laundry in this morning!
See you next time,
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment