Tuesday, January 21, 2014

We Are In India

I never thought that I would say that. I think of all my ancesters who never can to India! It was a long day and you can see that I am not over "jet lag" as I am wide awake at 3 am.
The flight yesterday, and the day before, I think was long, but interesting. The short flight to Halifax was uneventful, but as soon as we landed and noticed that our flight from Toronto to Zurich was delayed about 3-4 hours, we knew that things would be interesting.
Eventually leaving TO and arriving in Zurich, knowing full well that we would miss our flight from there to Mumbai, was concerning. But Swiss Air was really on the ball. We were met at the top of the ramp with boarding cards for a flight to Muskat (via Dubai) with an onward flight to Mumbai. Amazingly efficient. To top everything, our luggage unexpectedly came with us and arrived in Mumbai with us! Talk about Swiss efficiency.
We are safely ensconced in the YWCA in Mumbai, which is living up to the guidebook recommendation. Rooms are simple, and the beds are hard, but breakfast and supper are included, as is morning tea in bed. We arrived yesterday morning just in time for tea. Yesterday, we slept and only got a short walk before supper.
On the big news front.....................there is a rum produced in India called "Old Fort" which is already my favourite.
Today we shop for a few things and take a tour of this part of Mumbai. We leave by train on Friday for Goa (at least I do because Joy is still on the standby list).
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment